The City School: A Waldorf Initiative in Los Angeles
The City School is a Waldorf Initiative in Los Angeles and The San Fernando Valley serving Pre-school through Grade 8.
We offer affordable Waldorf education where we foster the children’s love of learning and nurture their physical, emotional, intellectual and social capacities by applying the Waldorf principles designed by Rudolph Steiner featuring a developmentally-staged and arts-oriented education.
I am convinced that Waldorf schools deliver an essential alternative to our existing systems. A Waldorf education provides students with an approach to learning which successfully integrates the arts and sciences with the practical tools necessary to succeed in these challenging times. I am personally very grateful for the foundation that was laid during my formative years at Waldorf.”
Kenneth I. Chenault, President and CEO, The American Express Company
Our Waldorf Program features:
- Certified Waldorf teachers
- Affordable, private education
- Community-like campus
- Small class sizes – we have a 1:8 teacher-student ratio
- “Accessible-to-All” Tuition Program (financial asistance)
- Field trips – urban homesteads, local farms, camping trips & Europe!
- Music Program – flute, choir, violin & cello
- Handwork – sewing, knitting, crochet & modeling, woodwork
- Foreign Languages – German & French
- A beautiful small campus with gardens, climbing trees and more in Lake Balboa
Join us for a Walk through the Grades the first Thursday of every month at 9:00am. Please RSVP and let us know you will be coming here.