ATA- Accessible to All affordable Waldorf Tuition
The City School Waldorf Initiative is committed to broadening the accessibly of Waldorf Education through affordable tuition and an “Accessible to All” (ATA) Tuition policy following the model developed by Bob Munson. The City School Waldorf initiative has worked with the ATA model since 2003.
Our tuition is reviewed annually by our Board and increased at a rate which matches any increases in supplies, utilities, salaries and other necessary school expenditures or developments.
The steps toward participating in this program are as follows:
- The family must be fully enrolled in the school prior to applying for ATA (all enrolment forms complete enrollment deposit and any other applicable application fees paid.)
- The family completes the tuition adjustment application and submits this along with a copy of their most recent federal tax return (or application for extension) and the three most recent pay stubs for each contributing family member. Those unable to submit these materials may inquire as to alternate financial data that will be accepted under special circumstances.
- A conversation between the family and two members of the Tuition Adjustment Committee takes place. In this two-hour meeting, the social philosophy and financial status of the school is fully explained and the finances of the family are reviewed. In most cases, an agreement in reached as to the amount the family can contribute on a twelve-month basis to the school’s finances. This agreement is kept confidential between the parties involved.
- If, at any time, the family’s financial situation changes, the family is to request another conversation.
- A new conversation takes place for each school year.
For more information on this integral part of our school, please contact our office directly at (818) 776-0011